Long story short
Who are you?
What makes you different?
Simply, we bring the tools and tech to small businesses that were previously reserved for the enterprise. We think that small businesses should be able to receive the same technological advantages as enormous companies with massive budgets. Benefit from having your own dedicated hosting hardware close to your clients. Relax with three different kinds of backups taken every single day. Communicate with a fully managed email system. Good luck finding someone that can do all that without charging thousands of dollars a month.
We also drink way more coffee and tea than the average Joe.
What exactly do you do?
Our bread and butter is WordPress maintenance. We know a great deal about keeping WordPress stable, secure, and speedy. Your website will be monitored by human eyes and automatic tools 24/7/365.
If you host with us, expect your website to load faster than it ever has before! A fast website means less frustration for your customers and more potential sales.
Lastly, if you need a new site, let’s work together to design something beautiful. All sites we design come with 1 year of basic hosting on us, so you can immediately benefit from a well-coded website on a crazy fast server.
How much do I have to pay to get started?
What payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept any major credit card from around the world through our secure payment partner, Stripe. We also accept ACH payments for some clients.
Why does it say that my payment is "on hold"?
Do I have to make an account?
Yes, during the checkout process you will be asked to make an account on our website or we will make one for you. This will allow for you to see your monthly statement, change your services, view analytical data about your site, send support tickets, etc through our awesome Client Portal!
How do I contact you if I have a question?
Existing customers can log into your account and visit your Client Portal page to choose the specific plan/purchase that you need assistance with. You can also send an email to [email protected] if you cannot log into your account. Existing customers also have access to a Knowledge Base where you can get answers to the most common technical questions you may have, such as how to access email, how to change your password, etc.
Why do you need my WordPress username and password?
Why do I need a maintenance plan?
What do you do if I buy a maintenance plan?
Do you install anything on my website?
Do you monitor my website externally?
What do I do if there is a problem?
If there is a technical issue that arises with your website, chances are we have already been alerted by our automated tools, but you are always encouraged to contact us through your account. Please log into your account and go to My Orders. From there, you can click on the exact service that you need help with to create a support ticket. If you cannot log into your account, you can also reach us at [email protected] .
Do you offer any guarantees on your plans?
ObsessiveWP goes above and beyond by using enterprise-style architecture and maintenance systems to keep your website running as smoothly as can be. That’s why we take 3 different backups of your website a day (each backup being in a different format in case one restore system goes haywire). That’s why we run security software on both your website’s own “back end” and scan it remotely for known vulnerabilities. That’s why we have our own suite of servers constantly monitoring your website and can intervene to solve common issues at a moment’s notice before asking for human help. To say we are obsessive is an understatement and we won’t rest unless your site is running perfectly.
Does your Maintenance plan cover WordPress Multisite?
How do I know what you are doing to protect me?
In the near future, customers on our Premium Management plan can get a daily report of hacking threats blocked, spam comments captured, as well as everything else in the lower management tiers.
Do you offer WordPress hosting too?
Ok, what makes your WordPress hosting so special?
There are so many things that set our hosting apart from the rest:
Explanation for non-techies-
- Every one of our clients has their own virtual private server. No shared hosting, ever! Don’t let your website get taken offline because of the bad actions of someone else’s site on the same server.
- We work with over 15 different hosting companies to make sure that your site is being served by the absolutely best provider for your exact scenario and target market. Other hosts dump all of their clients onto one server in one location, while we run individual virtual private servers for every individual client in whatever location around the world best suits them.
- Our servers are purpose tuned to host WordPress websites and nothing else. That means that they are incredibly fast and perfect for your website!
- The servers are locked down tight, only exposing the parts to the outside world that are absolutely necessary to run your site.
- If selling products/services through Woocommerce, rest assured that your customer’s data is always kept safe and secure both in transit and on the server itself.
- Your email is kept on a completely different server so it doesn’t interfere with your website.
For those techie people in the audience-
- Each VPS has its own dedicated IP address (unless we use a WordPress SaaS company that provides the IP address of a front-end load balancer). No single “bad apple” can take your site down. Each IP address is checked against global blacklists and honeypot lists to make sure that it is clean.
- We don’t own and manage our own data center because we don’t want to lump all of our clients into one basket. Instead, we work with a crazy amount of VPS providers and then build the perfect VPS for you on top of their network. These providers include:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- We also work with WordPress SaaS companies like WPEngine, Pressable, Flywheel, Pantheon, Pressidium, Kinsta, and others.
- All of our VPSs have 100% SSDs (or at the very least an SSD cache) and at least a 1Gbps connection to the internet (with the exception of Scaleway).
- The software powering your site is tuned for speed. Every client’s server is tuned for their specific needs, but software like NGINX, Memcached, Varnish, Redis, and PHP 7 typically come standard. This is literally the fastest software/RAM caching around and it is standard for our clients.
- Your hosting plan includes use of our worldwide CDN, powered by BunnyCDN, KeyCDN and/or Fastly (depending on need). That means not only is your website hosted on a server physically close to your target audience, but it remains lightening fast when anyone around the world accesses it. The extra cost of this CDN, which you would pay for separately at other hosts, is included in your hosting plan with us.
- If you have a manged email account with us, then your email is hosted on a pair of custom servers specifically tuned for email and nothing else. Your outbound email gets routed through Mailchannels for supreme deliverability.
What is so wrong with shared hosting? I am used to paying only about $5/month or less to host my website, so why do you cost so much more?
In a shared hosting environment, it is routine to keep 5,000+ customers on a single server. Just imagine that for a second. Your website is sitting on a server with thousands of others. Resources are stretched beyond thin and there is no room for growth. Having a popular website is actually a detriment to a shared host because that means that you are using ever so much more resources compared to the other 4,999 websites and will get punished for your success by having your hosting account disconnected. How much time and attention do you think that a shared web host provides to your specific site? They simply don’t care because you are one person in a sea of data. A shared host wants a server oversold and crammed beyond full of idle websites with little traffic because that is the easiest way to make the most money.
The integrity and reputation of your website depends on its neighbors. The last thing that you want is for your site to become blocked, the target of an attack, hacked, or taken offline because of one or two “bad sites” hosted on the same server as your site. Can your business afford to have your website taken offline because of the bad actions of others?
The vast majority of the shared hosting companies that you have probably heard of (or use) are actually one large company, EIG. So switching from one shared host to another doesn’t matter because you cannot avoid the underlying company that owns them all.
Feel free to read more about the downsides of shared hosing at the links below:
Do I get email addresses with my hosting plan?
ObsessiveWP runs a pair of professional email servers that process your email completely separately from the server running your website. We do this for many different reasons, including maintaining incredibly high email uptime/availability, increasing deliverability of your email to your customer’s inboxes, increasing the speed by which email can be sent and received, as well as secure your email by physically placing it on a different server than your own.
How would I check my managed email accounts?
What is a CDN and how does that affect my website?
So, even though your main server may reside in New York, a CDN provides copies of your website on servers located in Miami, San Francisco, Tokyo, etc. This means that your global viewers don’t have a slower connection to your site just because they live farther from where it is geographically hosted. A visitor browsing your site from Maine will have nearly the same speedy browsing experience as a visitor from Mumbai.
Using ObsessiveWP’s CDN is free with our Premium Maintenance, Advanced Hosting, and Premium Hosting plans.
We don’t skimp on the CDN providers, either. Our CDN network run on the backbone of BunnyCDN, KeyCDN, and Fastly. Try and find another host offering that for free.
How come I don't see things like bandwidth limits, or storage limits, or RAM amounts like I see with other providers?
The beauty of going with managed hosting with ObsessiveWP is you don’t have to worry about those resources anymore. We will pick the best provider and server for your exact needs and monitor it 24/7/365 to see if you are outgrowing your plan. If your hosting plan is no longer fitting your needs, we’ll let you know and give you the chance to upgrade.
I'm tech savvy, do I get root access or SSH access to my server?
Do I have a hosting control panel, such as cPanel?
No, not unless you explicitly desire to have cPanel and pay additional to cover the licensing fee.
ObsessiveWP is a fully managed host, so there is no need for you to do anything yourself. A control panel that you can access will be essentially useless because the whole point is that you are trusting us to take care of your site for you.
However, if you must have cPanel for some reason, you are free to purchase it as an add-on, but we still must limit the tools that you’ll have access to. For example, you will still have to contact us to add additional domains/subdomains/MySQL databases/email addresses/etc on your account. You will not be given access to WHM.
How many websites can I host per plan?
What about WordPress Multisite?
How much do you charge to design a website?
In general, we bill per project and not per hour, unless we are asked to build a very complex website. Payments are divided into 50% due upfront, 75% after initial mockup, and 100% due before the site goes live. For the design projects that are billed per hour, payments will be due monthly.
What kind of websites do you design?
Can I meet with you to go over my website design?
Of course! If you live in the Orlando, Florida area then we would love to meet with you! Just visit our Contact Us page so we can schedule a date and time.